Family Visa Canada
As a country committed to family reunification and keeping loved ones together, the government of Canada allows its permanent residents or citizens to sponsor their loved ones to come to Canada. With our dedicated Canada-dependent visa services, The Settlerz can help you reunite with your family.
What is a Canada Family Visa?
Under a family class sponsorship, the permanent residents or the citizenship holders of Canada can sponsor their family members to come, reside and work in Canada with them.
You can sponsor only if:
- You are over 18 years
- You are a citizen of Canada
- You are a Canadian permanent resident
- You are a person who is registered as an Indian in Canada under the Canadian Indian Act.
If you are at least 18 years old or above that, then you may sponsor different family members like your spouse, parents, children, or even grandparents to come and live with you. However, in order to do that, you and your dependents must first pass the following eligibility requirements:
Eligibility of dependent child
The dependent child who has sought sponsorship from his/her parent should meet the following requirements:
- The child must be under the age of 22 and not have a spouse, common law, or conjugal partner.
- The dependent child must be the sponsor’s biological or adopted child.
- The child must demonstrate that he is financially dependent on the sponsor/parent.
- The sponsor must provide documentation proving his relationship with the dependent children.
- The child must undergo a medical examination and they should not have a poor background history.
Eligibility for spouse
In order to bring your spouse to Canada, you must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old,
- You must be a permanent resident, a Canadian citizen, or an Indian registered in Canada under the Canadian Indian Act.
- You must fulfil your spouse’s basic needs.
- You must prove that your spouse or conjugal partner is not getting assistance from anywhere except you.
- You must have a genuine relationship with your spouse, one that was not formed solely to obtain permanent residency. Your relationship/marriage must be at least a year old.
Eligibility for parents or grandparents
To sponsor your parents and grandparents for permanent residency in Canada, you and your parent(s)/grandparent(s) must sign a sponsorship agreement that states:
- You may provide for their financial assistance if necessary.
- That your parent(s)/grandparent(s) will do everything possible to support themselves financially.
- Your parents/ grandparents should not have a bad family history.
Eligibility for adopted child or relatives
Individuals living in Canada can even sponsor their adopted child or some other relative if:
- The Applicant is over the age of 18.
- You are either a permanent resident or a Canadian citizenship holder.
- The applicant must meet the basic needs of the person they wish to sponsor.
Benefits of Canada Family Visa
Canada Family visa offers numerous advantages to the people who are going to Canada through this program such as:
- The sponsored family members do not need to be eligible for any points cut-off
- Family members who obtain a PR Visa through a family sponsorship program are permitted to live, work, and study in Canada.
- These family members can access government-funded health care, and free education until the age of 18.
Documents Required for Canada Family Visa
- Passport and photographs
- Background information
- Documentation for spouse/partner, including marriage certificate
- Letter of sponsorship
- Application proof
- Income proof
- Consulate fees
- Other evidence of a relationship
What The Settlerz can do for you?
Being a Canada-based company, we have thorough knowledge regarding family visas which can help you obtain the same for your permanent residency. If you need assistance regarding family visa program, we are there to help you!